Author's Note: At CES 2011 -- aka the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show -- I chatted with representatives from BodyMedia. The company made a big splash that year, even going so far as to track one man's body responses as he engaged in crazy activities like skydiving. I bought a BodyMedia FIT and tried it out over several months. The data collected from the FIT really opened my eyes to my lifestyle, and I made some changes to my diet and activities. The difference showed as I dropped a few pounds and began eating healthier foods -- a little information can be really powerful!
More Great Links
- BodyMedia. "More Details." (Feb. 12, 2012) http://www.bodymedia.com/More-Details
- Hollis, Jack F. et al. "Weight Loss During the Intensive Intervention Phase of the Weight-Loss Maintenance Trial." American Journal of Preventive Medicine Vol. 2, No. 35. pp 118-126.
- Kantrowitz, Barbara. "Three of the latest, greatest studies on what really helps when it comes to weight loss—and why keeping a food diary can be crucial." The Daily Beast. July 7, 2009. (Feb. 8, 2012) http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2008/07/07/what-works.html
- Mann, Denise. "Sleep and Weight Gain." WebMD. Jan. 19, 2010. (Feb. 12, 2012) http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/excessive-sleepiness-10/lack-of-sleep-weight-gain
- MIT. "What is the skin conductance response?" (Feb. 12, 2012) http://www.media.mit.edu/galvactivator/faq.html
- United States Patent & Trademark Office Patent Application # 20060122474. http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PG01&p=1&u=/netahtml/PTO/srchnum.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=20060122474
- University of Chicago Medical Center. "Sleep loss limits fat loss." Oct. 4, 2010. (Feb. 12, 2012) http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/10/101004211637.htm