Lots More Information
More Great Links
- Brown, Dakota Reese. "The Current, and Unfortunate, State of Gamification." Personal blog entry. Jan. 2011. (March 28, 2011)http://dakotareese.com/2011/01/the-current-and-unfortunate-state-of-gamification/
- Corcoran, Elizabeth. "Gaming education: Classic ed-tech games and build-your-own methods are now joined by the 'gamification' movement." O'Reilly Media, Inc. Oct. 27, 2010. (March 28, 2011)http://radar.oreilly.com/2010/10/gaming-education.html
- Crocket, Molly J. "The Neurochemistry of Fairness: Clarifying the Link between Serotonin and Prosocial Behavior." Printed in "Values, Empathy, and Fairness across Social Barriers." Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, Vol. 1167. Blackwell Publishing. 2009.
- Doust, Sam. "Why 'Gamification' is as stupid as it sounds." Australian Broadcasting Corporation. March 18, 2011. (March 28, 2011)http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/03/18/3167203.htm
- EA SPORTS. "Products: EA SPORTS Active." Electronic Arts, Inc. 2010. (March 28, 2011)http://www.easportsactive.com/fitness-games
- Easley, David and Kleinberg, Jon. "Networks, Crowds, and Markets: Reasoning About a Highly Connected World." Cambridge University Press. 2010.http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/kleinber/networks-book/
- Leonard, Robert. "Von Neumann, Morgenstern, and the Creation of Game Theory: From Chess to Social Science, 1900-1960." Robert Leonard. Cambridge University Press. 2010.
- McGonigal, Jane. "Gaming can make a better world." TED Conferences, LLC. Feb. 2010. (March 28, 2011)
- McLeod, Scott, J.D., Ph.D. "Do most educational games suck?" Dangerously Irrelevant. Creative Commons. July 23, 2009. (March 28, 2011)http://bigthink.com/ideas/30370
- Seay, A. Fleming, Jerome, William J., Lee, Kevin Sang, and Kraut, Robert E. "Project Massive: A Study of Online Gaming Communities." Human Computer Interaction Institute. Carnegie Mellon University. April 2004. (March 31, 2011)http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~kraut/RKraut.site.files/articles/seay04-ProjectMasstive-StudyOfOnlineGamingCommunities.pdf
- Schell, Jesse. "Design Outside the Box" Design Innovate Communicate Entertain (DICE) Summit 2010. G4 Media, LLC. Feb. 18, 2010. http://www.g4tv.com/videos/44277/DICE-2010-Design-Outside-the-Box-Presentation/
- Singer, Tania and Steinbeis, Nikolaus. "Differential Roles of Fairness- and Comparison-Based Motivations for Cooperation, Defection, and Punishment." Printed in "Values, Empathy, and Fairness across Social Barriers." Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, Vol. 1167. Blackwell Publishing. 2009.
- Takahashi, Dean. "Gamification gets its own conference." VentureBeat. Sept. 30, 2010. (March 28, 2011)http://venturebeat.com/2010/09/30/gamification-gets-its-own-conference/
- Whitton, Nicola. "Learning with Digital Games: A Practical Guide to Engaging Students in Higher Education." Routledge. 2010.
- Zichermann, Gabe. "The First Gamification Summit Rocked." The Gamification Blog. Jan. 24, 2010. (March 31, 2011)http://gamification.co/2011/01/24/the-first-gamification-summit-rocked/
- Zichermann, Gabe. "Fun is the Future: Mastering Gamification." Google Tech Talks. Oct. 26, 2010. (March 28, 2011)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O1gNVeaE4g
- Zichermann, Gabe and Linder, Joselin. "Game-Based Marketing." Jargonlab, Inc. and Joselin Linder. 2010.http://www.slate.com/id/2289302/