Games and Peripherals
The Game Boy Advance is backward compatible with the Game Boy and Game Boy Color games. Here's a look at a few of the games that are available for the Game Boy Advance:
Click here to check out more of the Game Boy Advance games.
There are tons of peripherals for the Game Boy Advance, allowing it to do more than the Game Boy or Game Boy Color. Here's a list of some of the peripheral devices:
- Game Boy Advance/GameCube Communication Cable - Using this cable, you can hook your Game Boy Advance to your GameCube. The cable allows for communication between the two consoles.
- e-Reader - One of the most exciting accessories for the Game Boy Advance, this device reads data stored on special paper cards. It uses Scan Talk technology developed by Olympus Optical to scan barcodes containing data about characters, including stats, evolutions, sounds and more. Users will be able to use this e-Reader for tutorial information about the characters' attacks and effective ways to battle. Click here to learn more about the e-Reader.
- Game Boy Advance Communication Cable - Allows up to four Game Boy Advance players to link up and play the same game with just one copy of the game. However, not all games will enable four-player action. Previously, players had to have two cartridges, and that still didn't allow four players to play together.
- Game Boy Advance Power Sources - The Game Boy Advance has multiple power options, including an AC adapter, rechargeable battery PowerPak, recharging dock, and even regular old AA batteries.
- Mobile Phone Adapter - Originally designed for the Game Boy and Game Boy Color, this adapter allows users to connect to mobile phones and thus to the Internet. Users can use this device to trade data and download games.
- Game Boy Advance Infrared Communication Adapter - This adapter is designed to enable low data rate transfers, for activities like trading items and sharing custom characters.
For tons more information on the Game Boy Advance, as well as other game consoles, check out the links below.