More Great Links
- "Leaping into the (virtual) future." The Fountain. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Graduate School. On-line Version, Spring 2004. http://gradschool.unc.edu/fountain/spr_05/sharif.html
- "The Virtual Reality Responsive Workbench." The Advanced Information Technology Branch of Information Technology Division at the Naval Research Laboratory. 2002. http://www.ait.nrl.navy.mil/3dvmel/projects/Workbench/Workbench.html
- "Virtual Reality." NCSA's Science for the Millenium. http://archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Cyberia/VETopLevels/VR.History.html
- Beier, K. "Virtual Reality: A Short Introduction." University of Michigan Virtual Reality Laboratory at the College of Engineering.
- Carlson, Wayne. "A Critical History of Computer Graphics and Animation." The Ohio State University. 2003. http://accad.osu.edu/~waynec/history/lesson17.html
- Hayward, Vincent, et al. "Tutorial: Haptic interfaces and devices." Sensor Review. Vol. 24, No. 1. 2004.
- Kohli, Luv, et al. "Combining Passive Haptics with Redirected Walking." ICAT 2005.
- Rash, Clarence E., Ledford, Melissa H. and Mora, John C. "Helmet Displays in Aviation - Images Sources." Visual Science Branch, Aircrew Health and Performance Division, U.S. Army Aeromedical Research Laboratory. http://www.usaarl.army.mil/hmd/cp_0002_contents.htm
- Robles-de-la-Torre, Gabriel. "The Importance of the Sense of Touch in Virtual and Real Environments." IEEE Multimedia. Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 24-30. Jul-Sept, 2006. http://www.roblesdelatorre.com/gabriel/GR-IEEE-MM-2006.pdf
- Sutherland, Ivan E. "The Ultimate Display." Proceedings of IFIP Congress, pp. 506-508, 1965.
- The Encyclopedia of Virtual Environments http://www.hitl.washington.edu/scivw/EVE/index.html
- United States Patent # 5,742,263. Head tracking system for a head mounted display system.
- United States Patent # 6,152,854. Omni-directional treadmill.
- United States Patent # 6,916,273. Virtual reality system locomotion interface utilizing a pressure-sensing mat.