When I took French in college, my instructor (Monsieur Jacobi) cringed every time I spoke his mother tongue. He was always supportive, but I think he was relieved to find out I was majoring in biology. Perhaps I would have been a better French student if I owned an electronic language translator.
- AT&T Labs, Inc. "Text-to-Speech Frequently Asked Questions." (May 2, 2012) http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/faq.php#TechWhat
- ECTACO, Inc. "Electronic Translators." (May 2, 2012) http://www.ectaco.com/Electronic-Dictionary/
- Franklin Electronic Publishers. "Translators." (May 2, 2012) http://www.franklin.com/translators-accessories/translators
- Jian, Hua-Li, Frode Eika Sandnes, Kris M. Y. Law, Yo-Ping Huang and Yueh-Min Huang. "The role of electronic pocket dictionaries as an English learning tool among Chinese students." Journal of Computer Assisted Learning. July 2009. (May 2, 2012) https://resources.oncourse.iu.edu/access/content/user/mikuleck/Filemanager_Public_Files/L567/Mobile%20Devices/Jian%202009%20Electronic%20Pocket%20Dictionaries.pdf
- Lingo Corporation. "Multi-language Translators." (May 2, 2012) http://lingotranslators.com/multi-language-translators-c-4.html
- Mone, Gregory. "Pocket Translator." World Changing Ideas: Electronics and Robotics. Scientific American. September 2009.
- Stix, Gary. "The Elusive Goal of Machine Translation." Scientific American. March 2006.
- TopTenReviews. "2012 Best Electronic Translator Comparisons and Reviews." TechMediaNetwork. (May 2, 2012) http://electronic-translator-review.toptenreviews.com/