Robot Guards and Drone Helicopters
So far, pretty much everything we've listed in this article has been attainable for the masses -- regular folks who want to protect their homes and families in a reasonably affordable way. But what if you have money to burn (and an insane amount of goodies to protect)? Well, you could start off with a couple of robot security guards that can spot intruders with infrared beams and shoot them with paint guns. A daily fly-over or two by a camera-equipped drone helicopter never hurts, and it also might be a good idea to require all visitors to submit to an iris scan. If you're thinking about budget, most obscenely rich people spend about 25 percent of their property value on security. So get to it!
For more information about home security and how to protect your family, scan the links below.
More Great Links
- Biggs, John. "Installing Your Own Home Security System." New York Times, June 30, 2010. (Accessed Sept. 9, 2010). http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/01/garden/01hometech.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=home%20security&st=cse
- Brick House Security. "Pan/Tilt Wireless Baby Monitor." (Accessed Sept. 11, 2010) http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/wireless-baby-monitor.html
- iTaser.com. "Facts: How TASER ECDs Help You Defend Yourself." (Accessed Sept. 12, 2010) http://www.itaser.com/facts.html
- Magid, Larry. "Can GPS Prevent Child Abductions?" CBSNews.com, Sept. 9, 2009. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/09/01/scitech/pcanswer/main5278820.shtml
- Newsweek. "Home, Secure Home." June 25, 2005. (Accessed Sept. 9, 2010) http://www.newsweek.com/2005/07/24/home-secure-home.html
- O'Donnell, Jayne. "How to Keep Tabs on Your Teen Driver." Edmunds.com. (Accessed Sept. 12, 2010) http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/safety/articles/121396/article.html
- Sullivan, Paul. "Weighing the Value of a Home Security System." New York Times, April 30, 2010. (Accessed Sept. 9, 2010) http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/01/your-money/household-budgeting/01wealth.html?scp=3&sq=home%20security&st=cse
- Time.com. "Technology: Protecting the Home Front." July 3, 2005. (Accessed Sept. 9. 2010)http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1079513,00.html
- The "Today" Show. "Safe and Sound in Your Home." April 1, 2010. (Accessed Sept. 9, 2010)http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/3079239
- Whitely, Jason. "IPhone 'App' Thwarts Burglary for Out-of-Town Couple." WFAA.com, Aug. 23, 2010. (Accessed Sept. 9, 2010)http://www.wfaa.com/news/iPhone-app-thwarts-burglary-for-out-of-town-couple-101350129.html
Prepare you old computer before you donate it can. Read this article to learn how to clean up, and prepare your computer before you donate it.