The eHarmony.com dating site has been around for 10 years and is one of the most comprehensive dating services on the Web. Dr. Neil Clark Warren, a clinical psychologist, author and founder of eHarmony, developed a method of finding matches through what he calls his "29 Dimensions of Compatibility" [source: eHarmony]. When you join eHarmony, be prepared to fill out an extensive questionnaire that explores your interests, personality traits, pet peeves, passions and other aspects of your life.
The eHarmony app is available as a free download for the iPhone, iPad and Android, but you have to subscribe to the eHarmony.com service to access any of your matches through the app (you can set up a new subscription to the site through the app). In 2011, eHarmony's mobile app downloads passed 1 million, and subscribers are currently downloading the mobile app more than 10,000 times a day. In addition, more than 30 percent of eHarmony's user registrations are taking place solely through the mobile app instead of the eHarmony.com Web site. [source: Business Wire].
EHarmony's success rate speaks through its numbers: It states, right on its home page, that a 2009 survey from an outside company has shown an average of 542 people marry every day after meeting on eHarmony. EHarmony doesn't mess around -- it's a site for people looking for a serious, long-term relationship. It's also one of the most expensive dating sites. Finding your soul mate on eHarmony can run you about $59.95 if you pay month to month, less if you set up a three-, six- or 12-month plan [source: Little Red Rails].
More Great Links
- Business Wire. "eHarmony Names Jeremy Verba Chief Executive Officer." Aug. 11, 2011. (Aug. 18, 2011) http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20110811005308/en/eHarmony-Names-Jeremy-Verba-Chief-Executive-Officer
- eHarmony. (Aug. 18, 2011) http://www.eharmony.com/
- Debaise, Colleen and Scott Austin. "The Top 50 Venture-Backed Companies." The Wall Street Journal. March 10, 2011. (Aug. 18, 2011) http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703300904576178673309577828.html
- Grindr. "Grindr Xtra Everywhere." Aug. 18, 2011 http://www.grindr.com/Grindr_iPhone_App/Grindr_-Meet_Guys_Near_You_on_your_iPhone.html
- Katims, Lauren. "Online Dating Enters the iPad Age." Time. May 3, 2010. (Aug. 17, 2011) http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1985542,00.html
- Kelly, Raina. "The Perils of Zoosk." Newsweek. June 9, 2009. (Aug. 18, 2011) http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2009/06/09/the-perils-of-zoosk.html
- Li, Shan. "With smartphone dating apps, it's all about location." Los Angeles Times. May 18, 2011. (Aug. 17, 2011) http://articles.latimes.com/2011/may/18/business/la-fi-dating-apps-20110518
- Little Red Rails. "What is the Cost of eHarmony Subscriptions?" (Aug. 18, 2011) http://www.littleredrails.com/blog/what-is-the-price-of-eharmony-subscriptions/
- Manninen, JP. "One million singles sign up for Skout dating app." Venture Beat. July 2, 2010. (Aug. 10, 2011) http://venturebeat.com/2010/07/02/one-million-sign-up-for-skout/
- Matchmaking Institute. "The Matchmaking Industry." (Aug. 18, 2011) http://www.matchmakinginstitute.com/dating-matchmaking-industry/
- Match. (Aug. 18, 2011) http://www.match.com/
- Rosenbloom, Stephanie. "The New Dating Tools: A Card and a Wink." The New York Times. July 21, 2010. (Aug. 17, 2011) http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/22/fashion/22date.html?_r=1
- Sutter, John D. "With new GPS dating apps, it's love the one you're near." CNN. Aug. 6, 2010. (Aug. 10, 2011) http://edition.cnn.com/2010/TECH/innovation/08/06/gps.dating.apps/#fbid=AX3ZCDWJDj1&wom=false
- Woyke, Elizabeth. "Match.com's Mobile Push." Forbes. Feb. 3, 2010. (Aug. 10, 2011) http://www.forbes.com/2010/02/03/mobile-dating-software-technology-breakthroughs-match-com.html
- Zoosk. "Press Information." (Aug. 18, 2011) http://www.zoosk.com/press.php?from=footer
Our beginner's guide to how Cash App works will have you sending and receiving money from your digital wallet like a pro in no time.