Lots More Information
- How Oscillators Work
- How Atomic Clocks Work
- How Pendulum Clocks Work
- How Digital Clocks Work
- How Time Works
- How does a self-winding watch work?
More Great Links
- Frequency Correlation of Quartz Crystal Oscillators
- Britannica.com: Quartz watch
- The National Watch and Clock Museum Wristwatch Gallery
- Lemelson Center: The Quartz Watch
About the Author
Douglas Dwyer is the founder of Frequency Precision Ltd and provides consulting and design services to the world-wide electronics industry. He has been involved in frequency control since the mid-1960s and has published articles on crystal oscillators, temperature-compensated crystal oscillators, oven-controlled crystal oscillators, surface acoustic wave oscillators, and industrial quartz crystal fabrication technologies. The history of clocks and watches has been an interest of his since he got involved in the design of quartz watches.