Professional HDTV Installation
Before you randomly pick an installation expert from the phone book, you should take some time to think about what you'll need. You'll want to be sure that the professional will be able to handle the entire process. If the job calls for an electrician or any kind of construction, verify that the contractor or company is licensed and certified. It's also a good idea to search for any customer reviews before you hire someone.
It's always a good idea to get an estimate before you hire someone to help you out. Shop around -- don't be tempted to agree to the first offer you hear. You want to balance value with quality. Do some research on the company or contractor. Ask about guarantees and warranties. Make certain they're insured.
This might sound like a lot of work just to have your television up and running, but consider the risks of a poorly executed installation. Not only could you break your new, expensive television, but also you could damage your home in the process. It may be better to invest in professional installation than risk expensive repairs. And if the job requires any electrical work you have the added risk of injury or even electrocution.
Not everyone needs to consider professional installation. If your entertainment setup isn't complex and you know how to hook your various components to your television, you're probably fine on your own. You can enjoy high-definition programming within an hour of bringing your new television home. But if you're set on creating the ultimate home theater experience, hiring an expert might be your best bet.
Learn more about HDTV technology by following the links below.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- HD Installers. "Frequently Asked Questions for LCD Installation or Plasma TV Installation." (Aug. 12, 2009) http://hdinstallers.com/faq.htm
- Home Tech Answers. "Plasma Television Installation - Plasma Television Set Up Cost." (Aug. 11, 2009) http://www.hometechanswers.com/hdtv/plasma-television-set-up-cost.html
- KARE 11. "So, you're gonna buy an HDTV set…" (Aug. 12, 2009) http://www.kare11.com/life/programming/hdtv/hdtv_article.aspx?storyid=270550&catid=294
- RepairHome. "HDTV Installation." (Aug. 12, 2009) http://www.repair-home.com/HDTV_Installation.html
- Virtual Link Technologies, Inc. "Installation Center FAQ." (Aug. 11, 2009) http://www.installplasma.com/FAQ.html