In all likelihood, there is at least one small box in the back of the closet full of cassette tapes that you just haven't gotten rid of. Now, you don't need to! Here are some great projects for turning your old cassettes into new retro style items.
1. Cassette tapes with clear cases are a perfect medium for making a techy looking lamp. You can fashion them into a shade, or create a luminary for candles.
Purses, Bags, iPod Covers and Business Card Holders
2. How about turning a tape into a protective cover for your iPod? You can gut it and fit it to your device in a proper homage to the music of decades past.
3. If you'd rather have a soft case for your iPod, knit one up with the tap ribbon!
You can even get two purses out of a few cassette tapes.
6. You can even get fancy and crochet up a zippered clutch.
8. Another option is gluing a few together to make a storage box. You can vary the size of the box depending on the size of your tape stash.