If you can't tell, I love this idea. I don't have Microsoft Kinect because I don't even have time to play the video games I already own. But I might seriously consider getting one (assuming my laptop webcam wouldn't be sufficient) now that developers are looking at broadening the ways you can use the 3D sensor technology. No doubt perfecting Michael Jackson's dance moves is a great use of it already, but why not consider the practical as well? If Bodymetrics' technology is as accurate as it sounds, I'll do my best to try it out as soon as it's available.
- Aamonth. Dave. "Kinect Camera Lets You Try On Clothes Without Trying On Clothes." Time Techland. Jan. 13, 2012. (July 3, 2012) http://techland.time.com/2012/01/13/kinect-camera-tech-lets-you-try-on-clothes-without-trying-on-clothes/
- Bodymetrics (July 3, 2012) http://bodymetrics.com/index.php
- Hicks, Jennifer. "Bodymetrics Creates 3D Body Scanner for New Look." Forbes Magazine. Oct. 24, 2011. (July 2, 2012) http://www.forbes.com/sites/jenniferhicks/2011/10/24/bodymetrics-creates-3d-body-scanner-for-new-look/
- Laird, Sam. "Clothes Shopping with Bodymetrics Lets You Try It On for Virtual Size." Mashable. Jan. 9, 2012. (July 3, 2012) http://mashable.com/2012/01/09/bodymetrics-augmented-reality-shopping/#42125PURE-Sensia
- Takahashi, Dean. "Virtual shopping with Bodymetrics will show how outfits fit on your body." Venture Beat. Jan. 12, 2012. (July 2, 2012) http://venturebeat.com/2012/01/12/virtual-shopping-with-bodymetrics-shows-where-outfits-will-be-too-tight-on-your-body/
- Van Grove, Jennifer. "Augmented Reality Shopping: Not The Right Fit (Yet)." Mashable. March 2, 2011. (July 3, 2012) http://mashable.com/2011/03/02/online-shopping-apps/