I've been fascinated by the development of intelligent environments. We're just in the infancy of smart homes and smart appliances. I look forward to the day when my appliances know what I want before I do -- it'll save me a lot of time as I stare into the fridge wondering what I want to make for dinner.
More Great Links
- Bryson, Joanna J. and Stein, Lynn Andrea. "Modularity and Design in Reactive Intelligence." MIT Artificial Intelligence Laboratory. (March 20, 2012) ftp://www.ai.mit.edu/people/joanna/ijcai01.pdf
- Callaghan, Vic, et al. "Understanding interactions in the smart home." PerAdaMagazine. 2009. (March 20, 2012) http://www.perada-magazine.eu/pdf/1625/1625.pdf
- Cooperstock, Jeremy R. et al. "Evolution of a Reactive Environment." Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering, University of Toronto. (March 20, 2012) http://www.cim.mcgill.ca/sre/publications/chi95/chi95.html
- Keim, Brandon. "Computer Program Self-Discovers Laws of Physics." Wired. April 2, 2009. (March 20, 2012) http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/04/newtonai/
- Youngblood, G. Michael, et al. "Managing Adaptive Versatile Environments." Department of Computer Science & Engineering, The University of Texas at Arlington. (March 20, 2012) http://eecs.wsu.edu/~cook/pubs/pmc05.pdf