I got a chance to play with Striiv at CES 2012. I now own one. I've donated several days' worth of clean water through walking. While I enjoy walking, I must admit that now I feel guilty if I don't rack up at least half the number of steps needed to hit my 18,000 for a charitable donation. Guilt seems to be a powerful motivator for me.
More Great Links
- Apogee Rockets. "How Do Electronic Altimeters Work?" May 24, 2010. (March 4, 2012) http://www.apogeerockets.com/rocketry_videos/rocketry_video_40.asp
- Silicon Designs, Inc. "Technology." (Feb. 24, 2012) http://www.silicondesigns.com/tech.html
- Striiv. "How it Motivates." (March 2, 2012) http://www.striiv.com/products/how-it-works/
- Striiv. "Technical Specifications." (March 2, 2012) http://www.striiv.com/products/technical-specifications/
- Takahashi, Dean. "Striiv says its step-counting gadget inspires people to walk more." Venture Beat. Feb. 22, 2012. (March 4, 2012) http://venturebeat.com/2012/02/22/striiv-says-its-step-counting-gadget-inspires-people-to-walk-more/