The world's newest electric car is manufactured in China and should be available in February in the United States. The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is $8,995. Here's what you get:
- An electric vehicle that can seat four people
- Top speed of 40mph and a range of 40 miles
- Recharges in about eight hours from a normal 110-volt outlet using the built-in charger(faster with the optional 220-volt charger)
- Yes, it has three wheels rather than four
- It is 9.5 feet (290 centimeters) long, 4.7 feet wide (142 centimeters) and 5 feet high (154 centimeters).
According to Zapworld, "Even after counting emissions from electric generating plants, Xebras produce 98 percent fewer pollutants than gas cars." For getting around in urban spaces, a Xebra may be just the thing you need. However, you cannot take a Xebra on roads where the speed limit exceeds 45 mph, and regulations can vary from state to state, so check with local regulations before investing in one.
Click here for details from Zapworld.