Digital Scrapbooking Software
There is no one way to create a digital scrapbook. If you have somewhat advanced graphic skills, you can work your magic in a program like Adobe Photoshop. If your computer use is a little more on the basic side, you might want to seek out scrapbooking-specific software, of which there is no shortage.
The number of software options available can be a bit overwhelming. If you're unsure what to use, ask around in some of the scrapbooking forums online to see what experiences others have had. Another thing you can do is to simply weigh prices and features. There are several sites that will review current software programs based on things like ease of use, importing capabilities and customer support.
You might also want to take advantage of the many free downloads available online. Even subscription sites sometimes offer freebies such as fonts, graphics or templates. And don't be afraid to get creative when looking for additions to your book. There are many resources online or on your personal computer unrelated to scrapbooking that still might provide you with tools or inspiration. For example, your computer's clip art folder can offer you a source of free graphics, while a Google search can direct you toward quotes and poems that you can incorporate into your pages' themes. As with traditional scrapbooking, creativity is always key.
Keep reading for more information on crafts and hobbies.
- Creative Memories. "Project Center." (Jan. 9, 2011)http://projectcenter.creativememories.com/
- Cusbert, Shelleyrae. "FAQ: What is Digital Scrapbooking?" Scrapbook Bytes. April 10, 2005. (Jan. 9, 2011)http://scrapbook-bytes.com/cgi-script/tutorials/publish/article_146.shtml
- Darlin, Damon. "Goodbye, Glue. Hello, Digital. The Once-Humble Hobby of Scrapbooking Has Moved On." New York Times. June 7, 2006 (Jan. 9, 2011)http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9801E3D81431F934A35755C0A9609C8B63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=1
- Digital Trends. "Web Guide to Digital Scrapbooks." May 10, 2006. (Jan. 9, 2011)http://www.digitaltrends.com/how-to/web-guide-to-digital-scrapbooks/
- Lee, Gina. "Making Memories Last." CBS News. Sept. 17, 2002. (Jan. 9, 2011)http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/09/16/earlyshow/living/parenting/main522161.shtml
- Levie, Eleanor. "Scrapbooking, Cyberstyle." U.S. News. Sept. 5, 2004. (Jan. 9, 2011)http://www.usnews.com/usnews/culture/articles/040913/13tech.div.htm
- My Memories. "Why Digital Scrapbooking." (Jan. 9, 2011)http://www.mymemories.com/mms/why_digital