I hate headphones. They fall out. They fail. The cords get tangled in the most maddening way possible.
TEEC's EFLs are a refreshing step away from headphones and from conventional speaker technology in general. And EFLs are such a new concept that we can't yet be sure what the killer application for them will be. But judging from the amount of interest that TEEC is getting from partner companies, you may see lots of flexible speakers in a lot of products very soon.
- Dangerous Decibels.org. "Decibel Exposure Time Guidelines." (May 18, 2012) http://www.dangerousdecibels.org/education/information-center/decibel-exposure-time-guidelines/
- Guttenberg, Steve. "Electrostatic Speakers: A Very Different Way to Make Sound." CNET. March 10, 2011. (May 18, 2012) http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-20041223-47.html
- Industrial Noise Control. "Comparative Examples of Noise Levels." (May 18, 2012) http://www.industrialnoisecontrol.com/comparative-noise-examples.htm
- Low, Aloysius. "Verisonix Flexible Cardboard-Thin Speakers are like Magic." CNET. Jan. 12, 2012. (May 18, 2012) http://ces.cnet.com/8301-33376_1-57358157/verisonix-flexible-cardboard-thin-speakers-are-like-magic/
- Mai, Tuan. "Verisonix Demos its Flexible, Cardboard-Thin Speakers." Tom's Guide.com. Jan. 20, 2012. (May 18, 2012) http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Speaker-Thin-Flexible-CES-Portable,news-13906.html
- MartinLogan. "ESL 101: Electrostatic Theory." (May 18, 2012) https://www.martinlogan.com/learn/electrostatic-speakers.php
- MartinLogan. "FAQ: Electrostatic Speakers." (May 18, 2012) http://www.martinlogan.com/learn/faq-electrostatic.php
- Powers, Jeffery. "Verisonix: Speakers that can be Sewn into Bags, Clothing – CES 2012." Geekazine.com. Jan. 28, 2012. (May 18, 2012) http://www.geekazine.com/video-pod/speakers-in-your-cloths-by-verisonik
- Sanders Sound Systems. "How do Electrostatic Speakers Work?" (May 18, 2012) http://www.sanderssoundsystems.com/technical-white-papers/esl-speaker-wp
- Taiwan Electrets Electronics Corporation. "Clear Response, Graceful Sound!" (May 18, 2012) http://www.tw-teec.com/comm/upfile/p_120214_00198.pdf
- Taiwan Electrets Electronics Corporation. "Technologies and Applications. (May 18, 2012) http://www.tw-teec.com/