My grimy hands need the new technology fast. While the vinegar and water wipe-down does the trick, nobody likes the idea of dousing their phone in liquid. There's been a lot of rumors about the newest iPhone having fingerprint-proof screens, and I'm all for it. Obviously, it's only a matter of time before we have a sleek, unpolluted screen that matches the design of our phones and tablets.
- Berman, Art. "Researchers Developing Smudge Proof Coating." Display Daily. Dec. 9, 2011. (Sept. 7, 2012) http://displaydaily.com/2011/12/09/researchers-developing-a-smudge-proof-coating/
- Bonnington, Christina. "Patent App Shows How Apple Makes Touch Dispays Fingerprint-proof." Wired. Aug. 12, 2011. (Sept. 7, 2012) http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/08/apple-oleophobic-patent/
- Humphries, Matthew. "Toray's touchscreen film promises to cut down on fingerprints." Geek.com. Feb. 24, 2012. (Sept. 7, 2012) http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/torays-touchscreen-film-promises-to-cut-down-on-fingerprints-20120224/
- Kee, Edwin. "Self-cleaning paint might deliver smudge-resistant touchscreen displays." Ubergizmo. July 20, 2012. (Sept. 7, 2012) http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/07/self-cleaning-paint-might-deliver-smudge-resistant-touchscreen-displays/
- Murph, Darren. "Targus dishes "fingerprint-resistant" screen protectors, diminutive chargers." Engadget. Jan. 7, 2010. (Sept. 7, 2012) http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/07/targus-dishes-fingerprint-resistant-screen-protectors-diminut/
- Spector, Lincoln. "How to Clean Your Smartphone." PC World. July 18, 2011. (Sept. 7, 2012) http://www.pcworld.com/article/226625/how_to_clean_your_smartphone.html