Franklin Electronic Publishers was at the CES show with a variety of both new and restyled products. Franklin products include dictionaries, bilingual dictionaries, encyclopedias, Bibles, and a variety of other education, entertainment and family health publications. An upcoming product is the Merriam-Webster Dictionary & Thesaurus, MWD-1450.
This product can connect to the Internet for downloading additional content and includes fun and educational games.
- Automatic spell correction for 100,000 words (with complete definitions)
- 500,000 synonyms and antonyms
- 4,600 SAT words for study and practice in word games
- Four learning exercises to promote word study
- Five-line display
- Learn-a-Word - Displays new word and definition when unit is turned on
- Calculator and metric/currency converter
- Book card slots (Bookman® expandable)
Superior search features and immediate reinforcement help improve vocabulary and word retention. The device will be available in June 2002 with a suggested retail price of $59.00. For more information, visit Franklin Electronic Publishers.