Don't throw out those scratched and non-functioning CDs, repair them. Learn more about how to repair scratches on a cd.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- CD Quiz
- How do CD-Rs work?
- How Analog and Digital Recording Works
- How CD Burners Work
- How Removable Storage Works
- How Lasers Work
- How Speakers Work
- Is the sound on vinyl records better than on CDs or DVDs?
- What happens if I touch the surface of a CD?
- Why does it say 1-bit Dual D/A converter on my CD player?
- How can I burn MP3s from my computer onto CD-Rs?